Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Progress feels great, it really does.

Finishes

None.  Sad.

Finished Quilt Tops

1.  Batik Squares - no progress
2. Snowballs (or fire and ice balls) - no progress
3.  Strawberry fields postage stamps - no progress
4. Halloween wall hanging - no progress.

The Rest

1.  Flying Geese - No progress.
2.  Pinwheel sampler - Sashing complete, needs an outer border and I'm debating adding some tiny pinwheels to it.

3.  Daisy Doodles - Need to add borders - had a last minute substitution for the inner border


4.  Spring flowers - No progress.
5.  Stash busting triangles - No progress
6.  Stash Busting wedges - No progress.

7.  Stash busting hourglasses - Started work on this and I have about 60 of the hourglasses complete.  Then I was reading the pattern and learned I misread when I cut my squares.  I have 332.  That's how many medium fabrics I needed.  I need another 332 squares (light/dark).  I'm going to aim for a total of 664 trying to get a good mix of values, but I'm not going to go crazy trying to get the right number of light/dark and medium.
8.  Batik plus sign quilt -Most of the blocks are complete now.  Just need to be trimmed and sewn up.

9.  Man's 1/2 square triangle quilt for Victoria's Quilts.

I really love how this quilt turned out.  I got all crazy and laid it out on the floor at Mom and Dad's making sure all the puppies were right side up.  I even got a little nutty keeping colors on the same diagonal.  I just have 4 rows to add, I ran out of time at the end of the retreat and couldn't finish it up.  I'll finish it next week at the group's meeting.

Aaaaand

10.  String quilt.  A lady at the retreat brought in a bin of her scraps and strings.  I went through and picked out everything that looks remotely interesting, combined them with mine and I've started on this.  Sorry for the bad lighting.


Linking up to Fabric Tuesday and WIP Wednesday

Fresh Poppy DesignWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. I love the fresh look of your pinwheel quilt! Although I am a sucker in love with pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great quilts in progress! They all are coming along really well!

    ReplyDelete