Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Simply Spring

Have you ever started something and hated it?  A few years ago, I bought a Strawberry Fields jelly roll.  When a friend was pregnant, I figured it'd make a great baby quilt, so I started out making roman square blocks. (sew strips in groups of three, cut into 6.5" lengths).

And I laid it out on the floor and hated it.  So it all got thrown into a bag and left for dead.



At some point, as regular readers know, I chopped some of them into 2.5" lengths and made postage stamps.  I quickly lost interest in that as well.


A couple of weeks ago, I pulled it out and started to make a table topper from the roman square blocks.  And this time I liked it.  Go figure.  But I didn't have enough for a full quilt, so out came the postage stamps.  And some yellow yardage.  And it turned into this.  From left for dead to a quilt I absolutely love.  Strange how that works, isn't it?

Posted for:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. What a great story behind the quilt, it's inspiring me to dig out a couple of abandoned projects myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute and it would make a great baby quilt. Great job with the save.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to stick with this one. It turned out that!

    ReplyDelete