Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What is a Domestic Moose?

Today over at Sweet as Cinnamon, she wants to know about your (and my) blog names and you could win a moda charm pack for answering.  (Also, HI!  I'm back after a really busy summer and will soon have pictures and an update from the quilt retreat way back in May.  Once I find my camera - we're moving and everything is kind of in boxes.)

Anyway, back to the current blog post - what is my blog name and why. 

A few years ago, I signed up for a wedding website.  My usual online names were taken so I had to find something new.  I tried again and again for something that wouldn't force me to remember a series of numbers - because I just won't.  Finally, I stopped and stared at my wall - which conveniently had a calendar on it.

The picture was a moose.  Wading.  Voila - wadingmoose was born.  I got to be known by that in a couple of online locations and made some pretty good friendships.  When I started my quilt blog, I wanted to keep the moose and just replaced Wading with Domestic because that's what the blog would be about - my domestic side.

Strangely enough, it's still a name that was available.  I can't imagine why!

No comments:

Post a Comment