Monday, January 10, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt Along (Week 2)

Well, it's week two of the quilt along and I'm still on track.  Last week we were tasked with buying the fabric.  This week, we grouped up the strips into groups of five, alternating lights and darks.  In total, we make sixteen strip sets. 

I did eight tonight and here they are.  Please excuse the bad lighting, it's dark out and I'm stuck for lighting.  I tried with the flash and without and you're stuck with the one WITH the flash.
I'm intentionally sewing these together in a rainbow.  My MIL has a fantastic chakra mat she uses for when she does healing sessions (don't ask) and it's a beautiful rainbow (although, decidedly less colourful than this one :)  I usually go for something much more random and I'm never quite satisfied with the results.  Also, the batiks are pretty bright so I thought this way the fabrics and colours may stand out more on their own rather than becoming lost in a sea of brights.

It's the first time I've used precuts and it's fun.  It's great to be able to just open the packages and start sewing.  Although, I'll admit I talked to myself A LOT while figuring out the strip layout and I think Mr.  Moose may be more than a little concerned about my sanity.  In fact, he asked a couple times if I was all right.

I can't wait to get the rest of the strips sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment