Thursday, December 16, 2010

Progress has been made.

Yes.  I actually uploaded pictures. 

But beyond that.  I've made progress on my scrappy nine-patch quilt!  As mentioned yesterday, it's layered and in the process of being quilted.  I'm straight line quilting it, in the ditch (as much as I can stay there). 

Here it is after I got the final border on it.  Notice my lovely assistant in the back corner.






For the record, a queen sized quilt is a lot of quilt to quilt. :)  Quilt. I don't know that I would attempt doing it on my little old sewing machine ever again, but now that I've started, I have to finish, right?  (Just nod.  It'll go better for all of us)

Unfortunately, because it's all a little big and I'm new to machine quilting, I've got puckers in the back.  They make me sad, but really, when all is said and done, that's not the worst mistake I've made on this quilt so I'm going to suck it up, chalk it up to a lesson learned and finish it.

Also, see that sunflower fabric?  That's fabric from my Grandma.  She made me a tablecloth out of it once a very long time ago.  The tablecloth is long gone, but Mom had that fabric in her stash so it's in this quilt and it always makes me smile.

Now for a gratuitous pet shot. 

"What do you mean this isn't my bed?"

1 comment:

  1. I have been making quilts for 6 years and still get puckers on the back. Go figure. Beautiful quilt and companion.

    ReplyDelete