Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Books and randomness

I haven't sewn a single thing since Sunday.  Not a single stitch.  I'm a little sad about it because I participated in another blog challenge to complete one thing this week. ONE.  I challenged myself to applique the dandelions onto Dandelion Wishes.  It's funny, I was afraid of applique until I took a class in it.  Then I realized how easy it really is.  So it's not that I'm dreading the project.  I'm just procrastinating for no good reason.  I also may have suggested in addition to applique that I could actually get the third border sewn onto my scrappy nine-patch.  Uh huh.  I did.  It may be a good thing that I have Friday off.

In other news, I've been catching up on my Library reading.  I learned of a local author's book at the murder mystery night I attended so I had to get my hands on it.  Luckily, the library had a copy and I've been reading Touch by Gayleen Froese all week on the bus and at lunch.  I'm really enjoying it and I'm glad I picked it up.

I've also been reading Harlan Coben's Deal Breaker in the evenings.  Another fantastic book that I struggle to put down.  Last night, I was falling asleep while reading so I finally gave up on those last 25 pages.  It's always better to REMEMBER a book.  I wasn't falling asleep because the book is boring, not at all.  It's so good, I couldn't put it down, even when my body was telling me I needed to sleep.

I've also returned to healthier eating.  This means actually eating IN instead of out.  No more ordering pizza because we're both tired and lazy.  No more picking up fast food because we can't really decide what we want to eat.  Last night I made pork chops, mac and cheese and broccoli for dinner and it tasted way better than anything I've eaten in the last month (well, except the Thanksgiving turkey).  My lunches have been healthy(er) frozen meals.  Some don't taste all that bad, but for what it's worth, Michealena's taste like cardboard.  Ick.

I'm cursed with a complete dislike of sandwiches.  Especially sandwiches that are made and then sit around getting soggy for several hours before they're eaten.  Ew ew ew.  There's also something fundamentally wrong with cold bread.  Even room temperature bread is iffy.  So you see my problem with lunch, right?  I have weird food issues - that there is my problem.  Soup and a grilled cheese?  Sure, but that's a little hard to make at the office and it's surprising how hard it is to find a good grilled cheese sandwich.  Most places pile on too much cheese or use weird bread or add other things to it that just don't belong. 

So.  Yeah.  Maybe I should go with a Wordless Wednesday.  That there was some meaningless, random babble.  And you didn't see what I deleted...

I blame the bagpiper that I can hear playing somewhere in the distance.  Please, someone, explain to me a bagpiper in a city's downtown at 8:30am? 

(The below picture is not from my city, nor was it taken at 8:30am, but isn't it pretty?)
I took this while sitting in the middle of rush our traffic in Toronto.  I had plenty of time for random shots of random and not so random buildings as we waited and waited and waited to move single car lengths at a time.  I will never, ever complain about rush hour here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment